Inverlea Park

Boys jumping off Inverlea Bridge 1930s-40s
Photo credit: Peterborough Museum and Archives

Inverlea Park was purchased by the Nicholls Park Trust in1894 as a camp and bandstand and Inverlea Bridge was built in 1910, only 12 years after the first reinforced concrete bridge was built in Ontario.. There are walkways on both sides of the bridge. One is slightly wider, to accommodate walking across the bridge with a horse.

More pictures and history here.