The Morrow Building was built by George A. Cox, who in 1910 was reported to be the second richest man in Canada. By the 1880s, he owned 10 per cent of Peterborough’s real estate; in fact “he owned so much land, that the Peterborough Examiner boosted him as the perfect candidate for mayor since he was unlikely to raise property taxes: Cox won that election by acclamation.”
The building next to it was known as the Windsor Hotel and later became a tavern known as The Pig’s Ear.
This web page is part of The Climenhage Project Walking Tour.
View a map of more locations here »
© John Climenhage 2020